Strada Education NetworkSM is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to improving lives by catalyzing more direct and promising pathways between education and employment. We engage partners across education, nonprofits, business and government to focus relentlessly on students’ success throughout all phases of their working lives. At a time when education and skills are more important than ever for economic advancement, we promote learning opportunities that help prepare Americans for better jobs. We do this through:
- Research that yields new insights into how postsecondary education can adapt to best meet the needs of learners.
- Philanthropy and investments that seed promising, evidence-based strategies, especially for helping low-income Americans.
- A network of affiliate organizations developing on-the-ground solutions for the needs of learners and educational institutions.
Strada is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, and boasts nearly 1,000 employees nationwide, including its Washington, D.C. office and affiliate locations.
The Director, Market Impact role is a shared service that helps Strada better evaluate, measure & learn from a variety of grants, investments & other programs implemented throughout the organization. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Market Impact, the role will provide strategic impact evaluation & measurement through his/her own primary research, third-party research partners & assistance from the Market Impact team as needed. The Director, Market Impact will also work to keep leadership abreast of how Strada is positioned with other public charities, foundations, and entities who are in postsecondary education to employment space. This position will also help develop custom research metrics & evaluations to assess the impact Strada and its partners are having on education consumers while also being a key contributor to Strada’s medium & long-range planning activities. Lastly, this position will be a leader in learning what is working and what is not to inform leadership, future grants, investments, research & the broader marketplace.
- Provide impact measurement & evaluation support to Strada philanthropy, investments, and others as needed.
- Develop custom metrics designed to educate and improve drivers such as consumer satisfaction, completion, purpose & value in post-secondary learning & employment.
- Conduct/Lead evaluation or market research studies internally or through working with third-party research partners.
- Advise leadership team on Strada’s relevant positioning with other entities in the education to employment space from a market impact perspective.
- Key contributor to medium & long-range planning activities.
- Strategic advisor to internal Strada leaders on measurement, impact & learning..
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience successfully managing research and evaluation projects involving more than two parties
- Experience successfully managing 3rd party research & evaluation partners
- Knowledge and significant experience with impact evaluation & measurement in the education to employment space preferred
- At least 10 years’ of similar experience
- Attention to detail and problem solving, with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel, 25-30% of the time.
Location: Indianapolis preferred, virtual considered. Demonstrated success operating in a virtual or “remote” work environment.