Strada Education NetworkSM is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to improving lives by catalyzing more direct and promising pathways between education and employment. We engage partners across education, nonprofits, business and government to focus relentlessly on students’ success throughout all phases of their working lives. At a time when education and skills are more important than ever for economic advancement, we promote learning opportunities that help prepare Americans for better jobs. We do this through:
- Research that yields new insights into how postsecondary education can adapt to best meet the needs of learners.
- Philanthropy and investments that seed promising, evidence-based strategies, especially for helping low-income Americans.
- A network of affiliate organizations developing on-the-ground solutions for the needs of learners and educational institutions.
Strada is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, and boasts nearly 1,000 employees nationwide, including its Washington, D.C. office and affiliate locations.
Reporting to the SVP, Strategic Investments, the Director, Strategic Investments will help develop and support the implementation of our strategic investment strategy to enhance Strada’s growth opportunities. The Senior Director will engage in sourcing, assessment, management and execution of investment opportunities, and will follow and report on developments with those investments. This individual will work in close coordination with other members of the Corporate Development Group as well as Strada Legal staff and Financial Planning and Analysis staff.
- Support the development, execution, documentation, and presentation of Strada’s strategic investment program.
- Source and engage investment prospects via direct contact as well as introductions/referrals from intermediaries including fund partners, investment banks, brokers, and affiliates, among other sources.
- Undertake research and due diligence assignments on assigned investment opportunities.
- Manage the execution of assigned minority and fund investment initiatives, including the development and delivery of presentations to approving authorities, e.g. Strada executive management and the Strada Board of Trustees.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with portfolio company leadership and fund general partners.
- Identify opportunities for Strada and our network to support and add value to portfolio companies and fund managers, and shepherd those recommendations through to execution.
- Support the creation and maintenance of investment pipeline tracking reports, including deal sourcing, assessment, valuation, negotiation, diligence, decisioning and closing processes.
- Develop presentation materials on investment holding performance for internal and external audiences.
- Represent Strada in board positions as required.
Experience / Education
- 5+ years of experience in investment finance, M&A or related experience, with an emphasis on deal sourcing, analysis and/or investment portfolio management and development. Experience in the education technology and services sector is highly desirable.
- Graduate degree or demonstrated competency in finance or other related content area is preferred.
- High-level analytical, problem-solving and strategic planning abilities.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate concepts and activities accurately, effectively, and in ways that are suited to Strada’s varied stakeholders.
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills. Able to see patterns, be a fast thinker and a good decision-maker.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to think strategically and make recommendations.
- Expertise in managing multiple competing priorities, projects and budgets.
- 25+% travel to locations as required by job duties.
Qualified individuals should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org