Strada Education NetworkSM is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to improving lives by catalyzing more direct and promising pathways between education and employment. We engage partners across education, nonprofits, business and government to focus relentlessly on students’ success throughout all phases of their working lives. At a time when education and skills are more important than ever for economic advancement, we promote learning opportunities that help prepare Americans for better jobs. We do this through:
- Research that yields new insights into how postsecondary education can adapt to best meet the needs of learners.
- Philanthropy and investments that seed promising, evidence-based strategies, especially for helping low-income Americans.
- A network of affiliate organizations developing on-the-ground solutions for the needs of learners and educational institutions.
Strada is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, and boasts nearly 1,000 employees nationwide, including its Washington, D.C. office and affiliate locations.
The senior financial analyst is critical to supporting Strada’s growing mission-aligned family of organizations working to improve student success and strengthen education to employment pathways. This individual will play an important role supporting one or more of our affiliate companies as the business partner between Strada and the affiliate in a matrixed role. This role will be based in Costa Mesa, California and will initially support Roadtrip Nation, an innovative regional emmy award winning production company with cutting-edge software.
The senior finance analyst will be part of the Strada Education Network corporate FP&A team but will partner with the affiliate CFO and executive team to provide data-driven insights that facilitate the organization’s growth. This role will be key in establishing critical factors in financial and business analysis, annual budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and strategic planning. The senior financial analyst will be key in developing and implementing financial planning processes and tools.
This position will work cross-functionally with other teams within the organization to consolidate financial information and develop projections and analyses. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and skilled at communicating complex financial concepts and developing working relationships with executive leadership and all levels, functions, and operations of the company. Our team works in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative and demanding environment. Self-motivation and a can-do / get the job done mentality is a must! To us, a person’s working style and cultural fit is as important as their skill set. You must be a solutions-driven change agent who is service-oriented, adaptable, nimble and a team player. Your ability to create strong relationships will be pivotal to your success in this role.
- Support CFO in the development and execution of all financial planning models including cash flow, strategic planning, annual budgets, forecasts, and other ad hoc planning and analysis
- Support the preparation of consolidated monthly financial reporting, analysis and insightful commentary for key stakeholders
- Complete ad hoc analyses to support Finance and Strada, as well as cross-functional groups
- Support finance initiatives and reporting projects as assigned
- Assist in the creation of periodic financial and board of director’s presentations
- Enhance reporting by working with our accounting teams to facilitate improvements to the GL processes and create systematic reporting
- Create KPI’s, dashboards, and standardized reporting
- Manage financial inputs and reporting from Salesforce, partnering with sales and partnerships teams
- Assist in developing and executing an organization-wide data strategy
- Assist in the implementation of Adaptive Insights financial system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance (required)
- 3-5+ years of financial planning & analysis experience
- Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills: minimum of pivot tables, v/h lookup, graphs -Google Sheets/Slides/Docs experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Sharp attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Can do attitude and sense of urgency
- Strong customer service skills/background and flexible working style
- Some knowledge of Salesforce, Tableau, & Adaptive Insights a plus
- Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com