Our IT department leads three primary functions:
Systems and Services. We provide, support, and advise on robust, secure, and scalable systems, platforms, and SaaS offerings for our global user base. When necessary, we create new workflows and tools for our users, so they are productive and efficient.
Innovative Security. We rely on sensible strategies for securing our end users, using a Cloud Native and Zero Trust architecture supported by lean processes and automation approaches like DevOps where possible.
Strategic Engagement. We partner and liaise effectively across the organization and distributed technology teams to understand and align on technology needs and directions.
Our tech stack starts with G Suite, JumpCloud, Slack, and Zoom. We also use Spoke, Dialpad, Jira, BetterCloud, Okta, Automox, and SentinelOne to support our operations. Our users work on Windows 10, macOS, and ChromeOS.
To succeed on this team, you’ll need to be experienced, love technology, understand how business needs can be addressed through IT, and enjoy building relationships with colleagues across the organization. You’ll be passionate about being part of a high-performing, inclusive team and helping them do great things.
Your daily responsibilities may include managing strategic initiatives and projects, writing communications or documentation, training individuals or groups on our technology stack, researching, implementing, and managing SaaS and Cloud Native technologies, auditing and remediating systems, helping develop our team’s strategic roadmap, and consulting on a variety of small and large projects with teams across our organization.
What We’re Looking For
Experience. About 5 years of experience in administering a wide range of SaaS tools, including G Suite and cloud servers in Azure, AWS, or GCP in a mixed-OS environment.
Organization. Experience managing or helping to manage competing priorities, multiple projects and initiatives, and stakeholder relationships.
Communication. Strong written and verbal communication skills with end-users and teammates alike, using remote collaboration tools such as chat, videoconferencing, and project management.
Ownership. Understanding how to create positive outcomes – how to see a task from start to finish and take responsibility for its success (or failure).
We’d Also Like to See
Familiarity. Experience with at least 50% of the technology stack above.
Flexibility. Experience working independently in complex circumstances while balancing alignment within the team and with our closest stakeholders.
Education. Coursework, certifications, or degrees associated with computer science, scripting languages, specific software, communications, Agile/Lean project management, and change management, or other relevant subjects.
Strategic Thinking. Aptitude for identifying and driving initiatives to increase corporate productivity, including identifying conflicts and redundancies, engineering new solutions, and increasing user awareness.
The Strategic Technology Partner will report to the Director of Strategic Technology and be responsible for engaging with business units, affiliates, projects, and individuals to create optimal outcomes for all involved. They bring best practices from multiple disciplines including traditional Systems/SaaS Administration, DevOps and SaaSOps, Change Management, Business Relationship Management, and Agile Project Management. They are strong communicators and strategic thinkers. They work closely with our Corporate Operations Engineering team and our Security Architecture team to ensure strong support and security outcomes.
Listening, learning, and teaching are key aspects to the job as technologies, including core productivity technologies, are continually changing. The Strategic Technology team is responsible for keeping up to date with the latest and best practices and they strive to share that learning within the rest of the IT team and organization through established communication channels, by updating documentation, and through building and updating training.
Responsibilities (aka Essential Job Functions)
- Working closely with the VP of Information Technology and Director of Strategic Technology to understand enterprise business needs, technology priorities, and team goals; contributing to the IT strategic roadmap and assisting in creating long-term strategies for growth and maintenance of the corporate IT infrastructure
- Proactively engaging members across the organization on behalf of IT
- Maintaining relationships with business units, stakeholders, and affiliates
- Consulting and problem solving on issues, initiatives, projects involving one or many teams and technologies
- Educating teams and users through training and/or documentation to support adoption, compliance, and reinforcement
- Maintaining our suite of SaaS tools and software
- Performing software, server, and integration troubleshooting
- Deploying, updating, or managing new software
- Configuring new and existing software and integrations
- Decommissioning software and systems
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of all company software assets
- Providing top-tier support to end-users; Collaborating on initiatives and issues with our Corporate Operations Engineering team.
- Supporting the security and compliance of company systems including malware and phishing investigation and vulnerability administration with our Security Architecture team
- Identifying and improving processes by maintaining, monitoring, and implementing automation and communicating changes to the IT team
- Leading the evaluation, planning, design, and execution of new or existing software tools and systems.
- Other duties, tasks, and special projects as required.
- Some overnight travel required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Five (5) years of technical experience administering systems, servers, and networks.
- Formal training or experience with common operating systems (Windows 10, macOS, and chromeOS) and common productivity suites (Microsoft Office and G Suite)
- Experience in SaaSOps, using and administering cloud and SaaS tools such as Microsoft 365, G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Meet or related
- Experience with administering corporate system security products (antivirus, patch management, encryption, spam prevention) and common corporate security practices
- Technical certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, G Suite Certification, G Suite Professional Collaboration Engineer certification, or related (preferred)
- Formal training or experience with Agile/Lean or adjacent methodologies, including project management (CPM) and change management (CCP) (preferred)
- Formal training or experience in business relationship management (BRMP) or communications (preferred)
- Deep understanding in four or more of the following skillsets required within IT Operations: Systems Administration, APIs, Automation and Scripting, Technical Troubleshooting, Project Management, Change Management; Strong understanding of complex IT infrastructure, and strong security practices.
- Able to solve complex problems, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make progress in areas where high ambiguity and uncertainty exist.
- Able to provide infrastructure solutions for high profile and demanding internal customers.
- Understanding of change management and/or project management in Agile/Lean environments; Able to develop project and communication plans, manage initiatives and stakeholders, coordinate across teams, document policies and processes, and reinforce existing processes.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, stay up-to-date on the SaaS and technology landscape, identify and initiate areas for improvement and automation for all processes, policies, and systems across the organization.
- Able to work flexible hours including offices across multiple time zones, including evenings and weekends (occasional 24/7 support may be required).
- Strong organization, communication, leadership, documentation, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Security is Everyone’s Responsibility
In order to protect Strada’s personnel, affiliates, customers, assets, and mission, security is the responsibility of every employee. To maintain security, employees are required to read, understand, and follow company security policies including but not limited to the WISP and Employee Handbook. In addition, security training supporting those policies is required at least annually.
Location: Indianapolis, IN / Remote
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org