To reach a growing number of collaborators working to transform the education and workforce ecosystem, Strada Education Network launched a new podcast today. Lessons Earned: Putting Education to Work explores bold new ideas and practical approaches to help all learners achieve their education and career goals. It is available on all major podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
Hosted by longtime education journalist and Strada Senior Vice President of National Engagement Ben Wildavsky and colleagues from around the Strada network, Lessons Earned is a series of 20-minute interviews with prominent voices in the field—people who are challenging the status quo and exploring how to better serve the millions of Americans who now are being left behind in education and in the workplace.
Season 1 guests included:
- Lisa Schumacher, director of educational strategies at McDonald’s Corp.
- Freeman Hrabowski, President of University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Tony Jack, author of The Privileged Poor: How Elite Colleges Are Failing Disadvantaged Students
- Oren Cass, author of The Once and Future Worker
- Byron Auguste, a former White House economic adviser and current CEO at Opportunity@Work
- Van Ton-Quinlivan, CEO of Futuro Health and a former leader in the California Community College system
To listen to the first six episodes and subscribe to the free podcast, please visit LessonsEarned.org.